Victims Of Communism Memorial Foundation Adds Global Coronavirus Deaths To Its Tally Of Historical Victims Of Communism
The Victims of Communism Memorial Foundation (VOC) is officially recognizing global coronavirus deaths as the fault of the Chinese government and adding them to its tally of historical victims of communism, the organization announced Friday.
The announcement comes as part of VOC’s report on the timeline of Chinese Communist Party’s “cover-up” of its COVID-19 outbreak in Wuhan and its continued efforts to obfuscate its roll in the pandemic. The organization also pointed to the World Health Organization as working to “carry water” for Chinese leader Xi Jinping. To date, more than 95,000 people have died of coronavirus globally. (RELATED: Top WHO Official Won Election With China’s Help)
“While the pandemic’s final human toll is still unknown, those who have perished from the outbreak must be included in the global count of 100 million deaths at the hands of Communism,” VOC Executive Director Marion Smith said in a statement.
“Any cursory look at the facts show that the Chinese Communist Party, Xi Jinping, and WHO Director Tedros are continued threats to global public health. We call on all western media to verify any claims from these discredited organizations before parroting them.”
“We knew China was lying and misleading the rest of the world about the virus that originated in Wuhan, but the extent of their continued deceit and their predatory behavior shocks the conscience,” Smith said. “The WHO has abdicated its responsibility to the entire world population in order to carry water for the Chinese Communist regime.”
VOC’s report says China’s claims to have the virus under control within its borders are “highly unlikely.” The regime’s official tally claims 2,500 people died of the virus in Wuhan, but evidence indicates the total was actually more than 40,000. (RELATED: US Ramps Up Crackdown On China’s Spying Efforts During Coronavirus)
Just one of the city’s eight mortuaries received shipments of 5,000 urns over the course of two days during the crisis to carry ashes of the deceased, according to Shanghaiist.
The mortuary released urns at a rate of 500 per day until April 4. Starting with the first confirmed delivery on March 26 and including the city’s seven other mortuaries, this puts the total at roughly 40,000 urns.
President Donald Trump has been deeply critical of the WHO’s handling of the coronavirus, saying the organization has been too “China-centric.” His administration has so far declined to say whether it will pursue any punitive measures against China for its role in the outbreak once the crisis has passed.